Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Diablo's Cantina - VEGAS

This is a layout I created for this months PAGEMAP challenge.  It's the 1st time I am entering a PAGEMAP challenge, but what the heck!  This sketch is AWESOME!!!  I actually had like 3 different ideas so I think I might create at least one more layout using this sketch:


OK....onto my layout!  I wanted to use these few picture from when Kevin and I went to Diablo's Cantina in Las Vegas....I LOVE Mexican food so I was VERY excited to go here....and was NOT disappointed!  :)  You can not miss the restaurant...it's right on the strip with a HUGE she-devil on top (so I thought...why not make the pic I took of her that the long bit to the left of the sketch.).
 

I got the idea for the border and background from this awesome wall in the back of the restaurant.  It was blue-gray with TONS of hearts hanging all over it....so I thought...use gray cardstock, use some blue glimmer mist and stamp tons of different style hearts as the border for the page....I LOVE how it turned out.  I wanted to keep the center mostly reds and oranges, but I did use some blue heart washi tape to add a bit of the blue in the center....and it also kept with the heart theme.




and I thought the heart card was cute....sticking with the theme and...ya know...it's VEGAS so there were a few decks of cards there...haha!  I used a pic of the Menu for the title of the page....overall I am pretty happy w/ how it turned out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment